5 to 9 Club goes ONLINE
19th June 2020
Between March 2019 – March 2020; Welsh ICE took the 5 to 9 Club on tour to Ebbw Vale, Merthyr, Church Village, Caerphilly, Treorchy, and Aberdare; where it supported 98 people through the early stages of self employment, with almost half of those going on to found a business and start trading – SO FAR!
Jen Harding, founder of Danger Doodles says:
“The 5 to 9 programme gave me that confidence through the expert workshops, but also through the like-minded community that takes the journey with you. I’d recommend it to anyone looking to turn an idea into reality. It really does put you in an environment where you can grow, and who knows, it could change your life.”
The 5 to 9 Club is a key part of the Welsh Innovation Centre for Enterprise’s (ICE) outreach programme; in 2020 we’re keeping up the momentum to build on what we’ve started (and beyond South Wales), with successfully taking this 8 week after-hours course ONLINE.
As many people are finding that their financial situation has recently changed, many are taking this time as an opportunity to explore “that idea” they’ve been sitting on for a long time.
In 2008, micro-businesses saw us through the financial crash through job creation, and once again, it will be these business owners who will see us through this next difficult financial time. Welsh ICE pledges to support these individuals to startup, grow and prosper, starting with this fantastic fully funded (free to attend) business accelerator course, which is designed to fit around daytime commitments comfortably.
We are currently supporting 35 individuals on our first ever online version of the course, ranging from marketing consultants to health & well-being practitioners, to creatives, and many more; and we have immediate plans to launch another 8 week course, starting July 15th offering another 35 spaces.
Please share the word of this fantastic opportunity with anyone who needs a little support or reassurance, to put together or strengthen the business model on the back of their idea.
Applications are open to join our second online cohort directly HERE
Or to find out more, please visit here.
The 5-9 Club will help to:
- Build your professional network
- Become a part of a supportive/like-minded community of over 100 individuals
- Receive expert advice, and practical tips from other business owners
- Develop a strong business model around your business idea at a comfortable pace
- Meet key individuals to find out about funding opportunities you may be eligible for
- Receive special offers from our partners including a free copy of Steve Morgan’s book, Anti-Sell!
- Gain access to heaps of additional support from Welsh ICE for free, even after you’ve completed the course