Help4Wales are expanding the team!
20th June 2017
The Help4Wales Foundation are very excited to announce a new paid position as part of the team. Help4Wales is a fast growing, non-profit, community interest company set up to support communities in need of intervention. They said:
“Following recent success at our fundraising event and growing demand for our services we are looking forward to expanding our team and supporting more families in Wales.”
The Fundraising and Recruitment Coordinator position will provide an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to take a leading role in our recruitment of volunteers, animal foster homes and raise money and awareness of their Animal Safe Haven.
You will be working within our current Fundraising and Recruitment Team to plan, manage and run activities to raise capital for our Animal Safe Haven Project. You will also be raising awareness of the service and recruiting volunteers and animal fosterers.
Your working hours (minimum 24 hours per week) will be divided between office duties from the headquarters in Caerphilly and within the community, running collections and events. It is important that you are able to travel and ideally would have access to a car. Your responsibilities will include booking supermarket collections and other fundraising opportunities across south east Wales (Newport, the South Wales Valleys, Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan).
During collections you will take a leading role in the recruitment of further volunteers and animal fosterers. You will also need to book other community events such as markets, festivals and shows. Additionally, you will be tasked with supporting other members of staff with administrative duties. You must therefore have great communication skills on email and the phone. IT skills are also important for maintaining accurate records and creating supporting documents.
Essential skills that will be needed to complete the role:
- A positive demeanour, commitment and a willingness to work hard are crucial
- Communication – Verbal and formal written abilities
- Team working – Able to listen and discuss ideas and follow instructions
- Organisation – Able to plan ahead, manage time and schedule meetings
- Problem Solving – Able to make decisions and use initiative to solve problems
- Microsoft Office Knowledge – Experience using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Social Media Advertising – Experience using Facebook (pages & groups), Twitter and others
- Event Management or experience with animals would be helpful but is not required.
- An interest in animal welfare, community development and helping people is a bonus.
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com before 5pm on Friday 21st July 2017. For more information please call Help4Wales Foundation on 01495-366-909.